Intelligent Motorist Ltd undertake to respect and protect your personal data and your personal privacy in accordance with applicable legislation, industry rules and other relevant standards.
Please read this Policy carefully.
The controller responsible for your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation is Intelligent Motorist Ltd (hereinafter ”Intelligent Motorist”, ”we”, ”us” or ”our”). Intelligent Motorist is responsible for ensuring that your personal data is processed in accordance with this Policy and applicable data protection legislation.
Contact details for the controller:
Intelligent Motorist Ltd
Address: Bruton House, No.2 High Street, Bruton, Somerset, BA10 0AA
Telephone no: 01749 812633
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We process the personal data that you have provided us when you became a customer of ours, or when you have otherwise contacted us (for example using the contact us form on our website or via customer support. The personal data that we collect can include the following categories of information:
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. We may also collect relevant information concerning your position and contact details within the company you represent.
- Information within the framework of the customer relationship, such as customer contact and customer communication.
- PURPOSE AND LEGAL GROUND FOR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
We process personal data for the following purposes:
3.1 Provision of services and handling of your customer relationship
The primary purpose for collecting your personal data is to provide you with our services and to handle the customer relationship between us and you or the company that you represent. Processing is necessary for fulfilment of the agreement between us pursuant to 6(1) b GDPR.
We process personal data in order to administer the sending of e-mail notifications and/or text messages to you regarding news about our services, request your feedback or provide you with other relevant information about our services. In this respect, our processing of your personal data is based upon our legitimate interest in providing you with relevant information about Intelligent Motorist and to promote our services pursuant to 6(1) f GDPR. You may at any time choose not to receive such marketing notifications by emailing us an opt-out request.
3.3 Development of technology and services, and information security
We may also process personal data in order to improve the quality of our services and to develop new ones. In these cases, our processing of personal data is based upon our legitimate interest, pursuant to 6(1) GDPR, in ensuring that we have sufficient and relevant information to develop our services.
- TRANSFER AND SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We may also share personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- When we are required to do so by law, e.g. to meet the demands of an authorised body or in conjunction with legal proceedings.
- When our trusted service-suppliers provide us with a service on our behalf and in accordance with the instructions we have given them. We will always control and be responsible for the use of your personal data.
- If we are subject to a merger, an acquisition or a disposal of all or part of our assets.
- When we believe, in good faith, that it is necessary to share personal data to protect our rights, protect your security or the security of others, investigate fraud or respond to an enquiry from the state.
- When we have sought and received your permission for a specified reason.
- STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will only be stored as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes defined in the Policy.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to access the personal data that we process regarding you. You have the right at any time to change, update and remove your personal data. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (Art. 13(2) point (c) GDPR).
You have the right to object to certain processing, such as direct marketing and profiling. To the extent required under applicable data privacy legislation, you are entitled to restrict processing of personal data.
In certain cases, you have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted. If you have the right to have the processing restricted, we may then only – with the exception for storage – continue to process your personal data with your consent or to determine, assert or defend a legal claim, or to protect another natural or legal person, or for reasons concerning important public interest.
You have the right to data portability, i.e. the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format and to have these transferred to another data controller, to the extent required under applicable law.
If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority in the UK.
We maintain an appropriate level of security (comprising physical, electronic and administrative security) to protect personal data from loss, destruction, abuse and unlawful access or unlawful disclosure. For example, we restrict the personal data to authorised employees who need to know the information to perform their duties.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to change this Policy. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will communicate this via our website, on which we will also keep the most recent version of this Policy available.
- Questions About This Policy
If you have any questions concerning this Policy or the personal data we process regarding you, please contact us using the contact details in section 1 at the top of this Policy.